Hilton Copywriting is not really about me… it’s about what I do for my clients
Three things are important to each of my clients:
- They are committed to growing a profitable business, solving their customers’ problems, serving their own family, and contributing to the wider community.
- They have a long-term vision for their business so they are willing to invest in it’s future.
- They are innovative action takers who base their strategies on proven principles, rather than slavishly copying trends that appear to work.
To achieve this result we build:
- Evergreen Marketing assets (books, lead magnets of all types, campaigns) that can be used over and over to attract new clients, create loyal fans, generate referrals, and ensure predictable revenue and profits;
- Automated systems that enable you to eliminate routine tasks, minimise human error, and (most importantly) focus on delivering personalised value where it matters most;
- Consistent communication streams to nurture and direct prospects, staff, and customers.
I don’t really like talking about myself… but I get that you want to know a bit about me
- the wife of a wonderful man and mother of 4 children;
- adventurous and love exploring ideas, cultures, businesses, and tech platforms and delving deeply into them;
- an independent thinker, self-reliant, and much better at listening than talking;
- a classical christian, bibliophile, and Apple fan…
For over 25 years…
I lived in remote rural communities in Indonesia, Chad, and Mozambique. That shaped my thinking and approach to life, business, community, government, and much more.
The best way to get to know me is to…
Read my semi-weekly emails filled with marketing tips and promotional offers. For that you need to:
Professional Affiliations & Certifications:
The Long Version…
My copywriting journey started a long time ago and far, far away, with the exciting discovery of how Direct Response Copywriting transforms lives and businesses. If you want to learn more, read on…
I spent over 21 years living in rural Africa, educating my children at home, and working with local women to improve their families’ health and future prospects. My husband is a food security specialist and our experiences working with farmers and their families to grow sufficient food, feed their family and store or market the excess has shaped my view of the important role businesses play in creating health and opportunity and the critical need for connection between industries, markets, and more.
You may not be trying to compete with every other farmer to sell your pineapples and other fruits to an impoverished community, but the same principle applies to your business – not only do you need to stand out from all other sellers, but you also need to connect with other markets if you want to build your business.
Just as our sellers saw a tremendous jump in their profit margin by transporting pineapples to other towns with fewer pineapples and more cash, so your business will profit tremendously by reaching out to markets and inviting them to respond to your offer.
Direct Response Copywriting magnetically attracts prospects, creates connections, and does the heavy lifting for your business’s profitability.~ Debra Hilton
Direct Response Marketing:
It’s funny where careers begin … as I mentioned I’ve spent most of my adult life working in rural Africa, teaching, and raising a family. Along the way, I’ve learned a lot about people, about different cultures, and about myself. And, of course, I’ve written – constantly… that’s how I discovered direct response copywriting and marketing.
I wanted to use my writing skills:-
- To make a difference in the world!
- To attract donations to worthy causes!
- To help businesses grow so that they could give back to their communities!
So I studied the art of persuasion and dug deep into effective writers and speakers of the past. I studied psychology so I could understand what motivates people to change their behaviour.
I studied copywriting, Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP), and more. I reached 10,000 hours of practice and application long ago, but I’m still learning, studying, and testing new approaches and variations on old ones.
More recently, I gained an appreciation for the power of automation. As a tool for consistency and productivity this even surpasses checklists!
Hit the Target:
One of my favourite sports is foil fencing – it’s a lot like copywriting really. You hone your skills through diligent practice, and then you get out on the piste, looking for the opening in your opponent’s game, ready to strike when the opportunity presents. It’s fast, requires good observation skills and quick reflexes. Getting your business message out is a lot like that – you need to know the audience and be ready to spot the opening and hit the target with the message they need to hear, in a manner they will respond to.
I believe that business growth is the best driver of prosperity and inhibitor of poverty, both on local and global levels. So I’m obsessively preoccupied with serving your business and helping it grow. If you’re as interested as I am in attracting high quality prospects, shortening your sales cycle, and making every $1 spent on marketing do the work of $2 then we should talk!