How Can We Work Together to Create Your Book?
There are five main ways I work with authors:-
- Manuscript Review: submit your draft to me and I will provide a detailed evaluation of strengths, weaknesses, and what you should do moving forward to create a book that works to promote you and your message.
- Copy Editing & Proof Reading: I have a team of carefully selected professional editors and proof readers who will inspect your manuscript with an eagle eye to pick up typos, grammatical errors, and clumsy sentences.
- Unique Structure & Outline Development: we work together to clarify the purpose and content of your book (many times we discover that the book you thought you were going to write is actually not the book you want to write) and I provide you with an outline from which to write. [From $2,500 AUD ex. GST]
- Unique Structure and Outline + Manuscript Review: package including development of your unique structure and outline and manuscript review. [From $3,500 AUD ex. GST]
- Create a Masterpiece: everything required to take your message from idea to finished manuscript ready for publication. Clarification and discovery of your book’s purpose and audience, structure, writing, revising, and perfecting. My goal is that the end result is such a clear reflection of your personality that your closest friends say, “When I read your book it felt like you were sitting on the sofa talking to me.” [See below to request more information]
Create a Masterpiece:
My Seven-Step Ghostwriting Process for Custom Projects
Once we’ve decided to work together and you select your package, this is what happens next: –
- Discussion of start date, time-frame, availability for interview and consultations.
- Contract outlining terms, responsibilities, timeframe and deliverables is prepared, and signed by both parties so we are all clear on what will happen when.
- Monthly direct debit is set up. The total fee is split over the duration of the project unless by prior negotiation. Work starts after the first payment has cleared.
- Interviews take place, source materials are provided and research and structuring of manuscript begins.
- At stated intervals there are phone calls and collaboration, the outline is provided and discussed, drafts of each chapter may be provided (some authors like this, others don’t), and additional examples, stories, or clarifaction will be requested.
- You receive a very ugly First Draft! for review, consideration, addition and subtraction. I highly recommend that you share this with a few key people and provide them with my critique worksheet so that we can discuss/incorporate their feedback. At this point we also determine what diagrams, charts, and illustrations you need to provide. We discuss this draft at length, and this is your final chance to insert additional material, and make major stylistic changes.
- When this comes back to me, we are working toward a polished manuscript, and ensuring consistency, persuasive power, and your unique perspective comes through on every page. This may take two, three, or more rounds before it is ready for a final copy-edit and proofreader by an outside professional to ensure that your manuscript is totally clear and error-free.