Who Do You Work With?
I work primarily with entrepreneurs and independent business owners who share some important characteristics including:
- Building for the Future : you aren’t trying to make a quick buck and flip out, your goal is to build a sustainable business with a saleable future;
- Self-reliance and independence : you don’t wait for permission to take action and you take responsibility for the outcomes of your own action (or lack thereof);
- Innovative and agile : you know the results you want and are willing to look at a variety of strategies for achieving them. You model others’ but you don’t want to copy them;
- Ethical : you comply fully with relevant legislation for your industry and have a genuine desire to make people’s lives better;
- Growth-Mindset : you know that today’s reality doesn’t have to be tomorrow’s truth and you know that the more your business prospers, the more positive impact you can have on others;
- Solution-focused : you know that problems are challenges to be overcome, not prisons that hold you captive so you look for ways to change.
Can you send me some samples?
No. Here’s why that doesn’t work…
- Your market is unique. Your message is unique. This is true of all my clients and it’s why they hire me. Therefore you can’t understand what is going on until you see the results in your own business.
- Much of my work is done under confidentiality or fair use clauses so I’m not at liberty to share it.
- If you paid for my services, how would you feel about the possibility that someone else might swipe your material and use it to promote their own business under the pretext of requesting ‘samples’? (See #1 above: if you asked for samples from your industry (which are the only ones with real relevance you might just use them.)
- Without campaign and conversion data to provide context, samples are just pieces of text. You may or may not like them, but can’t measure their effectiveness.
If you’re really worried, then the best way to discover more about my marketing is to sign up for my newsletter. You’ll learn how I think and be in a better position to determine whether you want to work with me in future.
Click HERE to join.
**When you click the link above, you are signing up for my semi-weekly emails containing tips and promotions.**
What is Direct Response Marketing?
Direct response marketing is a proven technique for building businesses for the long term based on the principle that every $1 you spend on marketing (and that includes the time invested as well as the dollars) should return at least $2 to you in the shortest possible space of time.
It means that you will not be copying others in your industry, or the big players who have different agendas. Your marketing will be driven by what gets results in your market.
What is your specialty?
I specialise in Direct Response Marketing strategy, copy, and systems automation. Most of my clients are in professional services and manufacturing businesses with a strong service and education element. The majority of my clients come from Australia, Asia, and United States and share the common goal of attracting more qualified leads, creating effective marketing systems, and scaling their business.
In addition to Ghostwriting Authority Books, I also create a variety of Lead Generation materials for electronic and physical distribution, Website Copy, Information Marketing Products and Customer Nurture materials to help clients stay ‘top of mind’ with customers and keep them for life.
An integral part of this is assisting my clients to automate their marketing systems to increase customer satisfaction.
Do you do the work yourself or do you outsource?
I do all client work myself to ensure quality. When you engage me, you can be certain that I will be the person you are working with and take full responsibility for your deliverables.
Are you available for in-person meetings or travel?
For many projects face-to-face meetings are not necessary since most communication can be carried out effectively via Zoom or email. When necessary, I however, I am happy to travel.
You live in Australia and I’m in the UK or US? Will that be a problem?
Not at all. With email, Zoom and other conferencing technology we can discuss projects and share documents easily despite our geographical distance. The time difference can even work FOR you, as I work on your project while you sleep, and it’s in your inbox when you get to work next morning.
Do you do design, too?
No. I am not a graphic designer or a website designer. I understand how websites work, and do my own website maintenance, but I do not have the technical expertise of a web-design specialist. However, I have partnerships with a small number of graphic designers and web designers who understand direct response marketing and can either recommend them to you, or manage their work for you.
I have a tight deadline to meet. Can you start on my copywriting project right away?
The short answer is: probably not.
However, it depends on the scope, timing, and your definition of ‘right away’. I give priority to existing projects and clients and I’m usually booked several weeks or months in advance (for ebooks and books there is almost always a 2 month waiting list). If I can’t meet your deadline, I won’t take the project. Contact me to see if I can help you.
What are your terms?
Individual projects or packages are quoted on the basis of a flat fee for a specific scope. Ongoing projects are also based on a flat fee with deliverables and a timeline.
- Non-Refundable $1,500.00 Scheduling Deposit for projects that will start more than 3 weeks after confirmation.
- Balance (for projects valued at less than $10,000.00) is divided into 2 equal payments. The first payment (50% of balance) must be cleared at least 2 business days prior to scheduled start date. The final payment (remaining 50% of balance) is due within 14 days of submission of the first draft (irrespective of how long you take to submit revisions).
- For projects valued at over $10,000.00 a monthly payment schedule may be agreed upon.
- Retainer projects require 1 month payment in advance. Subsequent payments are due on the 15th of each month (work will be postponed in the case of late payment) and there is a minimum 6 month contract.
What about revisions?
Standard projects (including books) include 3 rounds of revisions. It is my goal to deliver results, which sometimes means that the client doesn’t ‘like’ the copy. In this case, I will explain my rationale for the decisions I have made, but at the end of the day, my client is responsible for the outcome so I will revise to your specifications.
Revisions should be submitted within 30 days of receiving the draft.
Committees: In some cases there are multiple stakeholders with conflicting opinions. In this situation, the person coordinating the project is responsible for co-ordinating the responses and negotiating with parties to agree on a way forward.
This avoids wasting your revisions – one party requests direction A, the next reviewer insists on direction B, and after 3 revisions no one is happy!
How do I go about hiring you?
Click here to schedule an appointment to discuss your needs and goals and determine how I can best serve you via Zoom.
If none of the available time slots work then email email@example.com to find an alternative that works.
After this discussion, I will provide an estimate of the fee and time frame. If you decide to go ahead I will provide you with a questionnaire and an agreement for you to sign.
What are your qualifications and professional associations?
I study with the best copywriters and direct response marketers both living and dead, and am continually improving my copywriting skills and keeping up with the latest trends and tools. My motto is: If you’re not growing, then you’re dying – and that applies to businesses as well as skills.
My affiliations and certifications include:
- Certified Magnetic Marketing Advisor (since December 2017)
- Member of the Information Marketing Association (since 2013)
- Certified Infusionsoft Partner (since January 2018)
- Trainer of Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP) and Time Line Therapy®
- Member of the Australian Marketing Institute
- Member of the Professional Writer’s Association (since 2012)
- AWAI’s (American Writers & Artists Inc.) Circle of Success (since 2012)
- Kajabi founding Partner
- Wealthy Web Writer
Contact Me to Get Started
Schedule a complimentary appointment to discuss your needs and discover if we are a good fit.