You Want to Increase Your Influence and Spread Your Ideas Further
You Want to Attract More Quality Clients, Get More Speaking Opportunities,
and Make a Difference in Your Industry and in the World
You Have an Insider Perspective That the World Should Hear
You Need a Book.
It’s that simple. You NEED a book… but not just any book. You need a book that affirms your authority, that expresses the unique perspective and approach you bring to your subject, and the value that you deliver.
My questions to you are:
- Firstly, can you write a book that will do justice to yourself and your subject and that resonates with the people you want to influence so that it expands the reach of your message? AND…
- Secondly, can you build a platform that will magnetically attract the people who need to hear your message and that will convince traditional publishers to consider your book (if you choose to go that route)?
I’m not trying to be insulting. I’ve worked with many people who are true experts in their field, who have a unique approach that delivers proven results, and years of experience yet who are frustrated by their inability to write their ideas down in book form.
These people write clear reports, effective proposals, and deliver inspiring speeches all week long so it’s not that they can’t write. It’s just that they don’t have the knowledge and experience to craft and structure a book.
Some of them have followed the advice to transcribe their dynamic speeches and turn those into a book, only to find that the resulting output is disappointing (to say the least). And yes… I’ve evaluated several of those manuscripts. Others have taken a book outline template and tried to squeeze their thoughts and ideas into someone else’s format only to give up in frustration and despair.
“Writing a book is hard work. It’s NOT like other forms of writing.”
It’s not really about the word-count. Most people can write thirty-thousand, fifty-thousand, eighty-thousand words if they put their mind to it, but this won’t make a persuasive book. A structural template will help speed up the process, but, like any template, it has its limitations and it’s not enough to make your book the unique reflection of your personality and ideas that you need to create the kind of influence and legacy you are seeking.
The right ghostwriter is often your best solution.
Am I the ghostwriter you want to work with?
That’s a mutual decision neither of us is ready to make right now.
What is a Ghostwriter?
A ghostwriter is a writer who works behind the scenes with leaders, influencers, and people with a story to tell. Their contribution is often not formally acknowledged, and (unlike a co-author) they rarely have their names on the front cover. They help you…
- Clarify the purpose and content of your book (which is often different from the book you thought you’d write)
- Get your thoughts, ideas, and frameworks out of your head and onto paper from interviews, questions, and other materials
- Structure those thoughts, ideas, and frameworks into a book-form that encapsulates the message you want to deliver in a persuasive fashion
- Prepare your manuscript for publication (either through self-publishing or via a traditional publisher)
Some of my clients are open about working with a ghostwriter, others are not for a variety of professional or personal reasons. At the end of the project it is your book, not mine and along the way I will offer suggestions and recommendations (along with the reasons behind them), but the final decisions are always yours.
My Other Ghostwriting Clients Include: –
- A leader whose thought-leadership book spent more than 4 weeks on the NY Times Bestseller list
- A key international figure in the personal development training space who needed a history of their speciality complete with the latest research and innovations
- An executive from a major Australian publicly listed company who wanted to build his personal brand
- CEO of an International Agency for the development of youth leadership in the Pacific who wanted to tell the story of their work
- I have also worked with orthodontists, dentists, a range of alternative health professionals (chiropractor, physiotherapist, Traditional Chinese Medicine practitioner, nutritionist), authors, coaches and speakers.
How Can We Work Together to Create Your Book?
There are four main ways I work with authors:-
- Manuscript Evaluation: submit your draft to me and I will provide a detailed evaluation of strengths, weaknesses, and what you should do moving forward to create a book that works to promote you and your message.
- Unique Structure & Outline Development: we work together to clarify the purpose and content of your book (many times we discover that the book you thought you were going to write is actually not the book you want to write) and I provide you with an outline to write to.
- Unique Structure and Outline + Manuscript Evaluation: once you have your unique structure and outline and have completed the book, I evaluate your manuscript and make recommendations to strengthen it.
- Create a Masterpiece: everything required to take your message from idea to finished manuscript ready for publication. Clarification and discovery of your book’s purpose and audience, structure, writing, revising, and perfecting. My goal is that the end result is such a clear reflection of your personality that your closest friends say, “When I read your book it felt like you were sitting on the sofa talking to me.”
My Seven-Step Ghostwriting Process:
Once we’ve decided to work together to create a masterpiece this is what happens: –
- Discussion of start date, time-frame, availability for interview and consultations.
- Contract outlining terms, responsibilities, timeframe and deliverables is prepared, and signed by both parties so we are all clear on what will happen when.
- Monthly direct debit is set up. The total fee is split over the duration of the project unless by prior negotiation. Work starts after the first payment has cleared.
- Interviews take place, source materials are provided and research and structuring of manuscript begins.
- At stated intervals there are phone calls and collaboration, the outline is provided and discussed, drafts of each chapter may be provided (some authors like this, others don’t), and additional examples, stories, or clarifaction will be requested.
- You receive a very ugly First Draft! for review, consideration, addition and subtraction. I highly recommend that you share this with a few key people and provide them with my critique worksheet so that we can discuss/incorporate their feedback. At this point we also determine what diagrams, charts, and illustrations you need to provide. We discuss this draft at length, and this is your final chance to insert additional material, and make major stylistic changes.
- When this comes back to me, we are working toward a polished manuscript, and ensuring consistency, persuasive power, and your unique perspective comes through on every page. This may take two, three, or more rounds before it is ready for a final copy-edit and proofreader by an outside professional to ensure that your manuscript is totally clear and error-free.
Why Choose Me?
The only reason to choose a particular ghostwriter is because you trust them to communicate your passion, personality, and message and you believe they can set their own ego aside and do that in your voice, not theirs.
I’m a passionate believer in the power of books as vehicles for ideas and the inspirers and creators of dreams. I’ve seen them change people’s lives and provide hope and direction and I love helping aspiring authors get their message out of their head, and onto paper.
When I’m working on a manuscript, I throw myself right into it. I feel your passion for the subject, share the pain of those you are speaking to, and the joy of the solution. I need to know that you believe wholeheartedly in your message because I will take it on board, too.
My degrees are in English Literature, Research, and History. I spent over twenty years teaching and evaluating students in classical & english literature, poetry & prose writing, ancient history, psychology, and logic, while writing extensively. I’ve written, edited, and contributed to over 20 books and more ebooks than I can count for others, and published fiction under a pen name. I also understand how to sell a book and how to create a platform that will not only spread your message, but also attract the interest of traditional publishers if you choose to follow that path. One of my authors spent over 4 weeks on the New York Times bestselling list and I’m a major contributor to that success.
Why Not Choose Me?
There are a couple of reasons you might not want to choose me, and because time is an non-renewable resource I’ll list them here: –
- Your specialty is finance, investing, economics, technology, or applied science. Trust me, there are more qualified candidates out there to write your book.
- You are afraid that if you explain your ideas clearly in your book you’ll be giving away your IP. You can’t write a book without content and while there is nothing new under the sun, your perspective is unique so no matter how explicitly you share your message no-one else can steal it.
- You don’t want to ‘sell’ your services or your message. This suggests that you don’t believe that your message has real value and can change the lives of your readers so I’m probably not the right ghostwriter for you.
- You want your book finished yesterday. Writing an authority book is like having a baby. It takes time and effort to create something unique and effective that you will be proud of. There is usually at least a two month waiting period and your manuscript will take from four to ten months to complete.
- You have an extremely limited budget. I love quality books which do justice to the power of their message and the author’s personality and passion. I don’t like reading poorly planned, poorly written books that show they were created in a hurry. Budget and time are closely related and your final manuscript represents many hours of thinking, planning, writing, and revising.